Monday: Conference, Latin American Studies, Research, "Graffiti, Modernism, Baudrillard"
Tuesday: Research, “Populism, Macro-Economic Policy, and Political Culture”
Wednesday: Writing, “Graffiti, Modernism, Baudrillard”, Writing, “Populism, Macro-Economic Policy, and Political Culture”
Thursday: Writing, “Populism, Macro-Economic Policy, and Political Culture”
Friday: Research, “Populism, Macro-Economic Policy, and Political Culture”
the predictability, hearing the word syllabus, peer pretentiousness, politics, all that jazz, I can’t wait to get out of undergrad, I'm just tired of academics right now.
On the flipside I cracked up when my comm. professor mentioned and explained what a full fur-stole was. If you don’t know what it means like I didn't, it’s a pelt with the full animal, head, legs, paws, the works:
Hahaha!! I’m not sure why but for some reason that makes me laugh so idiosyncratically.
For the Blue Jays, it's been a pretty good week. Apparently on every Friday night home game the bluebirds are busting out the 80s powder blue uniforms, which I think are pretty badass and retro:
I'm too tired to make a witty segue, so here's a funny (and painfully apparent that it is from the early 90s') Jays ad from that era:
Today I bought some more happy-cow milk - I don't call it "Horizon Milk" because really, nobody knows what horizon milk is - but if you say "the happy cow milk", anyone who buys milk knows what brand you are talking about..
SO, Hillary Clinton was on-campus giving a political speech for her flagging campaign, thus me and a few friends decided to hit the hardwood for some pickup ball - and guess who shows up and walks in literally right behind me?
Anquan Boldin! His brother Demir goes to school here, so I guess it's not completely random, but in short, he looks like an African-American Ivan Drago without the steroids. And I made some memories that will last my whole lifetime: I scored on him twice - once I just pulled up and nailed it, but the second one was something I'll never forget for the rest of my life - on a fast break I faked a pull-up jumper and he jumped up to try and block me and ended up flying past me like a Delta jet! Then.. I scored! Now I can say that I've not only scored, but even juked out, an NFL player at hoops. He was a really nice guy, very cool, and while he was playing one-on-one with Alphonso Smith in a halfcourt game, I played horse with his little kid.
One thing that I've been thinking about today is self-sufficiency. Just look to Wiki and elsewhere if you like, every example of national self-sufficiency has both failed and presented a major setback to the development of every country that's touched the stuff. I wonder why political campaigners still trot this dead horse out?
No comments:
Post a Comment