I'm back in New Orleans for my appointment to see if I get my cast off tomorrow.. I love this city, especially at night-time. I think my favorite aspect of it is how tropical it feels at night - which is probably why Miami and New Orleans are my two favorite cities in the whole wide world when it comes to weather especially (Seattle's my favorite overall just because the Northwest is so mysterious and beautiful). When I drive here, just like when I drive in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, I love the lazy cool breeze that whooshes through the thick tropical air as I drive past all of the multicolored city lights that pepper every street. I also recommend if you are driving in New Orleans, to come in through Mississippi instead of through Eastern Louisiana because of the view - you get to drive across the Twin-Spans over Lake Pontchartrain and at one point I-10 crests over a giant hill where you can see the entire city of New Orleans lit up. One caveat is that if you approach from the East/via Mississippi, the highway passes through New Orleans East, which is incredibly dangerous - gas up ahead of time, and don't stop at any of the exits for anything whatsoever until you are safely in a well-lit main section of the city..
I hate roaches and mice - the cost of living in an urban environment - I had one mouse run through my house after I had not even been there for an hour, which means tomorrow I'm going to have to go buy more diverse poisons to scatter in and around my apartment, and a giant roach flew at me from my faux-brick fireplace, scaring the shit out of me so much the noise I made trying to get away my neighbor probably heard. I really am so glad that I keep a can of RAID at all strategic locations in my household (next to my couch, by the TV, on the kitchen counter, in my room) - I'm always prepared to do battle with those disgusting things.
Dear God, can it be true? MY AIR-CONDITIONING WORKS!!!!! It hasn't functioned fully since last August for a variety of reasons - a shitty thermostat., aged and improperly fastened A/C duct-lining, mice chewed all of the air conditioner's main wiring behind the apartment - and today, as I type before I sleep, being so unaccustomed to feeling COLD inside my own apartment, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out why I was freezing my cajones off in this house - my air conditioning is actually working!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment