Monday, June 1, 2009

Trip Results

The trip to Delaware went great! While I really love seeing my mom and grams, if I stay around both of them for too long, they can get a little high-strung, and everyday situations tend to increasingly become high-stress. Therefore, since I stayed for a week plus change, it went great! A prime reason things went so well during my short visit to mom and grandma was that my sister decided to come too. The short and sweet explanation is, since I'm not that close to my dad, and my mom is very sweet but sometimes isn't quite in touch with how the world works for people my age, I've always been closer to my little sister, who's just a year-and-a-half younger than me. Anyway, back to the nitty gritty of the trip - we explored a lot of hidden backroads and drove along coastal highway / Route 1, I took some pictures with my new camera my mom and sister presented to me, my weirdness tended to prompt some healthy good laughs, and we gave my dog Toby the time of his young life (he's only a 10-month old dog) by letting him ride with us and stick his head out of the back windows of the car.

Here are some pictures:


Toby my dog
Delaware farmland and farmhouse
Pretty pastel houses by the beach on Fenwick Island
'86 Mazda: Our vehicle of choice (I'm not kidding, I seriously love driving this car)
Sunset by Dewey Beach
Not where you'd want to have a picnicMe with the broken ankle still getting used to the whole cast and crutches thing... again.
All in all it was a wonderful trip, it was just for the right amount of time. Now, I'm incredibly happy to be back!

No comments: